- Karla Dunston was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in March 2010 and asked then-boyfriend to give his sperm for frozen embryos
- He agreed and they create three embryos – but two months later he broke up with her and said he no longer wanted children
- They had signed agreement saying both needed to consent to use embryos
- But her cancer treatment left her infertile and she argued she has the right to biological children and ‘it is too late for him to back out of his promises’
- A Chicago judge on Friday awarded the eggs to Dunston
Thanks to listener Isaac Turner.