From Tom’s Blog
Federal authorities raid the home of Subway pitchman Jared Fogle amid child pornography investigation
- A special task force showed up at the 37-year-old’s home in Zionsville at 6:30am on Tuesday to remove electronics from the property
- Authorities say Fogle was detained, but not arrested
- The raid comes just two months after the former executive director of Fogle’s charity was arrested in a child pornography sting
- Subway issued a statement Tuesday afternoon, saying they are ‘shocked’ and believe the raid was related to the Taylor case
- In 2007, a source claimed that Fogle once ran a porn video rental business out of his dorm room when he attended Indiana University
- The source said that Fogle’s collection was ‘vast and extensive’ and that he took the business seriously – charging fellow students a dollar a rental
- Fogle is worth an estimated $15million for his work with Subway
She said she was angry that he refused her advances earlier that day, so she scratched him on the face, head and neck, then bit him on the arm.
One new piece of information from the records: Cosby said at one point he had seven prescriptions for Quaaludes and thought about using them on young women.
“We’re appalled and genuinely sorry that this happened.”
My father died 20 years ago and, by design, I never had kids, so you would think that Father’s Day would be irrelevant to me. But it’s not. In fact, Father’s Day is now the most rewarding holiday on my calendar.
Even before midnight on this Father’s Day, I received more Father’s Day good wishes than I ever could have imagined.
Many of these wishes were not phoned in to the show, but written to me privately and in hushed, reverent tones.
I’ve been thanked for things that I didn’t even know that I’d done. Lives that I’ve apparently improved or even saved. Unwanted children that were prevented from being born. Graduations I didn’t know about or attend, but in which I, apparently, played a role.
You don’t have to have kids to be someone’s dad. Amazingly, you apparently don’t even have to meet someone to have an influence.
I am as proud of every one of you as I could ever be if you were my own. And in many ways, you are my own. There’s nothing more rewarding than when I get those graduation photos from my sons who said they would have never finished school if I hadn’t pushed them. When they write “LEYKIS 101″ on their graduation caps and send me the photos, I’m not ashamed to say that this makes me as about as emotional as I ever get.
I am thrilled to know about the people for whom I’ve made a father-like difference. And I want to thank you for being at the other end of that microphone. I wanted you to know that it means the world to me.
FInally, I wanted to remind you that if you have a dad, and all you know about him is that your mom says he’s an asshole, a deadbeat, or a jerk, don’t take her word for it. For your own satisfaction, be sure to seek out your dad for this Father’s Day wherever in the world he may be and make that decision for yourself. Even if your dad turns out to be an asshole or a jerk, the fact that your mother wanted to make babies with that asshole will tell you what you need to do to change your life forever. Perhaps if YOU were more of an asshole like your dad, you could get chicks like your mom. I’m not kidding. For many men today growing up under single mother domination, this really is the missing link in their lives.
Thanks for everything.