From Tom’s Blog
We have announced that The New Normal LLC is on target for our first deficit in four years.
There are two likely reasons for this. One is that we’ve been honestly telling you about our small profit each year, resulting in many listeners simply letting their Premium Tom and Super Premium Tom subscriptions lapse, thinking that we don’t need their support anymore. Nothing can be further from the truth. Subscription revenue is our lifeblood. Now that we’re not working for a big conglomerate anymore, we can’t rely on those 7 ½ minute commercial breaks we had in corporate radio back when it was still viable. The other reason is because we parted ways this year with one of our advertisers (for good reason) and that revenue needs to be replaced.
We announced that our last show of 2017 will be on or about December 15th and that, if we are still in a position to lose money for the year on that day, we will make one last appearance to announce the end of our show on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018.
Listeners who would like us to continue into 2018 have a variety of ways to help make that happen:
• Become a subscriber to Premium Tom or to Super Premium Tom. You can subscribe for as little as $11/month or you can save 17% by subscribing for a year. Premium Tom gives you access to over 5,000 hours of our show dating back to the day we began on April 2, 2012. Super Premium Tom gives you access to those 5,000 hours and, for all shows after September 2014, all shows are commercial-free. Get details and subscribe at http://www.premiumtom.com/subscribe.
• Give a gift subscription to Premium Tom or Super Premium Tom to friends and family members. Go to http://www.givetom.com.
• Donate to keep us going. Go to https://www.premiumtom.com/one-time-donation.
• Come to one of our P1 dinners. We have a top-notch dinner somewhere in the Bay Area on Sunday, November 12th at 7 PM. Get details at http://www.dinnerwithtom.com.
• Enjoy our incredible 2015 Pedal to the Metal Santa Ynez Valley Syrah, a red wine that goes so well with barbecued brisket, steaks, chops, even pasta. Proceeds from the sale of Pedal to the Metal go directly to the bottom line at The New Normal LLC. Get yours now at http://www.tom.wine.
We want to keep going next year. Do you want us to keep going?
We have decided to change our programming and our show will no longer include segments with attorney Adam Sacks. Thanks to Adam for his support in the past and we wish him well in his future endeavors.
Prosecutors accused the 34-year-old teacher of having a month-long affair with a 16-year-old student in her English class at the school in Kenner, Louisiana.
College-aged millennials today are far more likely than the general population to be religiously unaffiliated.